Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Breakfast--the Best Meal of the Day


My mom would tell you that breakfast was my favorite meal of the day.  It's still true!  Now that I have my own family I can't help but serve it any time of day.  I should call it CHOP--Christine's House of Pancakes!


Here are a couple of recipes I love:


LIGHT 'N CRISP BELGIAN WAFFLES 
(came with my parents belgian waffle iron; I'm not sure of the brand)


Mix:  1 egg and 1 cup milk
Combine, add: 1 cup flour, 1 1/2 tsp baking powder, and 1/4 tsp salt
Lastly, mix in: 1/4 cup oil (if doubling the recipe use only 1/3 cup oil)


Beat until smooth.  Pour in waffle maker until appliance indicates it is done.


This next recipe I found after I was craving some "brain" food.  I add 1/4 cup freshly ground flax seed as well.




It is probably very obvious that this is by no means comprehensive, I'm sure there will be many more breakfast delights to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment