Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Gratitude

On Sunday someone admonished us that if we want to show God that we are thankful we should give of ourselves.  I'd like to add...we should express our gratitude. 

I am grateful for kids who are helpful, forgiving, patient (even when I'm not), outgoing, optimistic, giving, and loving.  My husband beats all with his compassionate and understanding nature.  I love my brothers and sister AND Mom and Dad for helping my life have depth and purpose.  My adopted family (meaning all in-laws) make me grateful for the spice of life--without variety, life couldn't be as exciting. I feel very undeserving of such wonderful people in my life, yet I am so grateful to/for them.  

I'm thankful to live in a country where I can practice my religion, not fear for my or my children's safety (most of the time), and strive to reach our dreams.  Thanks to those who help preserve these privileges.  

I am grateful to know who I am, and where I am going if I live up to my side of the bargain.

No comments:

Post a Comment