Friday, January 30, 2009

25 Random Thoughts

1. I love the smell and taste of homemade bread hot out of the oven.  I smother it in butter and honey or my favorite homemade raspberry jam.
2. I love to rest my face on the top of a baby's head and let their angelic hair tickle my nose.
3. I can't believe I have already started to feel my age, especially in my right knee.
4. Another sign of getting older is when your oldest son moves from cub scouts to boy scouts.
5. I appreciate two cars that run, because right now I would be out and about instead of writing this blog.
6. iMacs are the best!  Brothers who sell used ones to little sisters are even better!
7. My second to youngest child is my twin and is a sucker for back tickles just like me.
8. A "love of money is the root of all evil"...maybe that's why I hate it so much.
9. Luckily, it doesn't kill anyone to wear only one pair of pants.  
10. My biggest fear is that I'll be the only one left after all those I love have gone to the "castle in the sky."
11. We are all in the same boat, we just move through different waters--tumultuous or calm, murky or clear, shark infested or not--sometimes by choice and other times so we will have the chance to learn how to navigate better.   
12. I dream of performing with the Mormon Tabernacle Choir.
13. I sometimes think that I should have been born in Mexico, cause I can't get enough Mexican food.
14. Christmas is still the best day of the year, even if you all forget to celebrate my birthday.
15. I love children's honesty until they start remembering all of my bad days.
16. I want to try out and be chosen for a part in a musical production on stage.
17. I thrive in a clean and organized house. Then why do I hate to do the laundry?
18. I'm glad I can speak Czech with my husband so the kids can't understand what I'm saying.
19. I wish I could read faster and with more comprehension so I could devour books more quickly.
20. It should be a law that everyone spells their names logically and with legible handwriting so genealogists don't have to guess so much. Oh, and tell me, how do children of same-gender marriages do genealogy?
21. There are days that I can't believe I landed the husband I got.  He is the epitome of patience since being married to me requires lots of patience.
22. I write too many run-on sentences.
23. I can't wait to go back to the Czech Republic so I can dip rohliks in yogurt.
24. My second biggest fear is that my husband will lose his job again.
25. Miracle of miracles! You made it to the end!

No comments:

Post a Comment