Thursday, May 3, 2012

Sharing Our Heirlooms

Elder Bednar in October Conference related the importance of Family History to our youth:


Most youth will think genealogy is boring, especially when it seems like only names and dates.  It can be so much more.  Genealogy meets Family History as we share artifacts and heirlooms of our ancestors.  While we may not always be able to touch them, we can find joy in seeing them come to life with the help of technology.

One of my favorite heirlooms came from my mother.  She spent hours knitting these afghans.  I remember her love every time I wrap up in one.
(In possession of Danielle Moss, my niece.)

1 comment:

  1. AnonymousMay 04, 2012

    Hats off to Chris, who gave a masterful presentation last night on (you've guessed it) blogging as a medium for "sharing" heirlooms [and so much more]. Our ward sisters were inspired!

    --Mom Pack in Provo

    ReplyDelete