Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Thank God for Kids

My husband and I just heard the song Thank God for Kids. So we decided to make it our "wake-up" song. That way we can start out the morning on the right note (excuse the pun). Yesterday I was thanking God for my kids...let me share just a few examples.

Sammie was walking to the car with me and said, "Mommy, I'm glad God made houses, cause the rain might get us. Or the snow. You can just get cozy in your bed with your blanket and be warm."

Kayla was headed for a friends house but stopped a few feet away and came back to give me a hug (O), a kiss (X), and an "I love you".

Benji dropped what he was doing to "save" Hyrum from inevitable danger (that he seems to be getting into a lot lately). And with his sweetest voice distracted Hyrum into doing something safe.

Ally took an ordinary soda can (from Benji's science experiment) and turned it into a pig that is sure to make you SMILE.

Hyrum gave the best "loving" with his arms around my neck, his head on my shoulder and a little tap-tap with his hand on my back. Or better yet, he climbed to the top of the table, stood up and complimented himself on a job well done with a squeal. (He's keeping me busy now!)

So "get down on your knees tonight...[and] thank God for kids!"

http://www.jango.com/stations/35946671/tunein?proxy_id=25435243&song_id=149095

No comments:

Post a Comment